Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bible Lesson #4: Shooter McGavin is Here for Breakfast

One of my favorite simple pleasures in this life is Sunday brunch at a local cafe right by my house. It's such a welcoming, delicious, and might I add -from my poor college student perspective- cheap little hot spot. While everything on their menu is divine and fresh off their grill, lately their Shooter breakfast sandwich has been titillating and tempting my taste buds. But, let's be honest, it was one of those days when I just didn't have any motivation to put on any pants, so I stayed home and attempted to brain-storm how to get what I wanted without wearing any pants. And here is my solution. Please enjoy my own version (inspired by the one and only Billy Madison) of this Shooter McGavin sandwich.



Hole-in-one for Mr. Shooter McGavin

For 1 sandwich - 

Ingredients:
2 slices of bread
1 egg
3-4 pieces bacon (optional, but trust me - you'll want it!)
butter/spread for the bread & eggs
some shredded cheese to sprinkle on top

Directions:

-If you choose to cook/add the bacon to your sandwich, cook that first and then set aside to drip some of the grease off first.

Heat a small pan with some melted butter to fry the eggs (You can leave egg as is, or scramble it like mine). While the eggs are frying, warm up another, yet larger pan -  for the bread. Spread some butter on one side of each piece of toast, grill in the larger frying pan.


(Just grilling some bread in my AMAZING Paula Deen Cookware)
Once egg and bread are done, assemble. Once slice of bread, the egg, the cheese, some bacon, and the last slice on top. And that my friends, is all in the hips.

No comments:

Post a Comment