Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bible Lesson #7: It's Bananas - B-A-N-A-N-A-S... Banana Bread of Champions

Howdy y'all! I feel like I've been slacking since I haven't posted in a while, but here I am with a few new goodies just in time for the holidays (this makes a great neighborly holiday gift, wrapped up all fancy). Now, if you are like me, carbs and breads are the sunshine to my soul. A personal favorite growing up, and still today, is Banana Bread. It's moist, delicious, and always disappears really quickly at my house. After many mediocre attempts at making a perfect banana bread, I have discovered The One! So please enjoy, from one carb lover to another this holiday season.


Banana Bread

Ingredients:

3-4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups flour
Optional (add walnuts - my dad's fave - too bad I'm allergic)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

No need for a fancy mixer. Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in suger, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered/Pam'd 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on rack about 15 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely or it will be slightly doughy. Serve alone or with butter (My personal favorite to spread on it).


*Whenever I have brown bananas I'm not ready to use, I mash them up and freeze them until I'm ready to make some bread. They defrost super quickly in a bowl of warm water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment